Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting Customer Feedback - CI/CD

Baseer Baheer September 25, 2022

I was wondering to ask how can I collect customer/client feedback in a continues manner. What Atlassian products are particularly used for collecting client feedback in a CI/CD automated environment.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2022

Hi @Baseer Baheer and welcome to the community!

I'm not really sure I understand what you are looking for.

You mention "collecting client feedback in a CI/CD automated environment".

• Are you using Bitbucket Pipelines for CI/CD? Or a different CI/CD tool?

• What do you want to collect client feedback for? For a product you are building (in this case, what is the product)? For the builds you are running? For any feature request / bugs in that product?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Baseer Baheer October 4, 2022

Hi, yes we are using Bitbucket pipelines and we have a web application hosted on Heroku. So the question is how can we collect the user feedback. I understand that the user can create an issue/bug in Jira/Trello, but what's the best practice to address user feedback in our development activities.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2022

Hi @Baseer Baheer,

Thank you for the info. I can think of different options, the best one depends on the requirements you have.

In every Bitbucket Cloud repo, you have the option to enable an issue tracker, which can be public or private.

Please keep in mind that if the issue tracker is private, only users with access to the repo can create issues. It is possible though to create a public issue tracker for a private repo.

You can then link issue keys in commits, in the title or description of PRs, and also resolve issues automatically based on specific keywords in commit messages:

We also have an integration for Bitbucket Cloud with Jira Software Cloud, which offers more options.

If you create this integration between a Bitbucket workspace and a Jira Software instance, some of the things you can do are:

• Create a branch in a Bitbucket repo out of a Jira Software issue (the option to do so is in the Development panel of a Jira Software issue)

• Reference Jira issue keys in commits or in Pull requests (and these will become a link to the respective Jira issue)

• View in the details of an issue all associated commits, branches, pull requests, and pipelines builds

• Transition Jira issues during a Pull request merge

• View in a Bitbucket repo all referenced Jira Software issues (via the option Jira issues in a Bitbucket repo)

You can read more details in the pages listed in this doc.

If you have any specific requirements or questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like Baseer Baheer likes this
Baseer Baheer October 18, 2022

Thank you, Theodoa, your answer clarified many ambiguities.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2022

You are very welcome, please feel free to reach out if you need anything further.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events