cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code metrics history

Stefan Nagel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

With bibucket pipelines we generate several code metrics like: RAM usage, ROM usage, Unit Test Coverage ... etc.

I would like to have an overview of these metrics over my branch commits. This way I could see e.g. the RAM uasge of my development branch.

Is there any way to do that? Any example or best practise?

I also took a look at Fisheye. Is that coming out of the box with Fisheye? or is it just a small subset on the Fisheye feature and easier to implement by ourselvers.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Stefan

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2024

Fisheye is not available for the Cloud, so if you are using Bitbucket Cloud it wouldn't be a good match.

If I were you, I'd do this:

1. you generate the metric (you're already doing this)
  2. from the Pipeline, you can pass metric data to the Segment service (it is a generalized gateway to other analytic services and it has a generous free tier)
  3. from Segment you forward the data to an analytic service, we are using Amplitude with great success (but you can choose many other options)
  4. in Amplitude, you can easily build charts and reports, then compose dashboards from those which will be auto-updated as your Pipeline is passing more and more analytic data

Notes:

• In step 2, "passing" means a REST API call which you should be able to do easily from the Pipeline.
  • You can skip step 2, and pass the data directly to Amplitude. It eliminates one step, but if you want to forward the data to multiple "sinks" or you want to keep the option to choose another sink, then introducing Segment is a good idea!

Stefan Nagel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2024

Great ... thanks a lot ... we will check that

Like Sabine Mayer likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events