Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Insights merge checking fail

Johanes Maria July 17, 2020

I implemented Code Insights result (ESLint report) as parameter to do merge checking and it shows that I do not have any errors of warnings regarding ESLint report, see picture below:

Selection_041.png

However, it said that one issue prevents me from merging the PR due to 'Report 'ESLint report' has not passed' which exactly strange since I do not have any error or so (Please neglect the other issues preventing me from merging the PR):

Selection_040.png

Moreover, I did put the correct report key on Project settings > Code Insights console such that: 

Selection_042.png

I wonder if I am missing something here since I followed all the steps shown here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/checks-for-merging-pull-requests-776640039.html?_ga=2.137328176.189084255.1594985895-2080399425.1585579922

I am using Bitbucket 7.1.4 here and I could use some help here :)

Steps I've already done: 

- Change the Annotations requirements, all gives the same result

- Check the console output on the build and make sure if the report correctly posted

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2020

It seems that your code insight post doesn't have a 'result' field on the create report request. Otherwise it would show a "Passed" lozenge in the sidebar of that dialog.

For example, it would look like this:

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 10.26.22 am.png

What is the JSON payload that you are sending to Bitbucket Server? Does it have a 'result' field?

Johanes Maria July 22, 2020

Hi,

thank you for the clear and insightful answer. I have checked the JSON payload and it is accurately missing 'result' field. It might be good to add this as well in here: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/bitbucket/tutorials-and-examples/code-insights-tutorial/ since I follow this really nice tutorial (Perhaps add this 'result' field in order to apply additional 'merge check' based on Code Insights result). In any case, the problem is now solved in my case :)

Kind regards

Like Kristy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events