Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloudfront Invalidation Pipe Error

Harry November 21, 2019

I'm getting an error when trying to use the Cloudfront Invalidation Pipe. I have my AWS Credentials setup and manage to sync to S3 in the previous step of the pipeline. Can anyone help me? I'm using the latest version of the pipe 0.1.3

Error:

ERROR: Error creating a cloudfront invalidation✖ Failed to create a cloudfront invalidation: An error occurred (IncompleteSignature) when calling the CreateInvalidation operation: 'XXXXXXXXXXXXX/20191121/us-east-1/cloudfront/aws4_request' not a valid key=value pair (missing equal-sign) in Authorization header: 'AWS4-HMAC-SHA256 Credential=$AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID/20191121/us-east-1/cloudfront/aws4_request, SignedHeaders=host;x-amz-date, Signature=0d71b49e354f94ad6de497d232e1262f6349d08e9288404dff167d2b7a06995e'. 

3 answers

1 vote
Shahinism January 22, 2020

`atlassian/aws-cloudfront-invalidate:0.2.0` and I'm still getting it.

Looks like it's an upstream issue. Tried to install latest version of `aws-cli` and create invalidation directly, and got the same error:

$ aws --version
aws-cli/1.17.7 Python/3.4.3 Linux/4.19.78-coreos botocore/1.14.7
$ aws cloudfront create-invalidation --region='us-east-1' --distribution-id XXX --paths "/*"$
An error occurred (IncompleteSignature) when calling the CreateInvalidation operation: 'XXX/us-east-1/cloudfront/aws4_request' not a valid key=value pair (missing equal-sign) in Authorization header

The same command with the same version of cli and botocore works perfectly on my local machine running Python 3.7.

Ah, found the problem. In my repository variables, the value of `AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID`, had a white space at the start and it was working for the entire pipeline stack (I assume they were trimming it), except this one. Removing the white space solved the problem on my `aws cli` example and reverting back to use `atlassian/aws-cloudfront-invalidate:0.2.0` confirmed it's working.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Luke Barber January 8, 2020

Has there been any update on this? Still getting this issue.

0 votes
A.K. December 26, 2019

Same issue with 0.1.4 ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events