Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Version of Bitbucket is sending webhook with payload of previous commit

Demo User July 5, 2021

Cloud Version of Bitbucket is sending webhook with payload of previous commit.

Steps to reproduce-

1. Create Webhook.

2. Edit a file and commit it with subject as commit-2.

3. A webhook notification would be completed. Validate the payload of the webhook.

Expected Result-

The pay load should have the latest commit id and commit subject 'commit-2'.

Actual Result-

The pay load has the old commit id and old commit subject 'commit-1'.

Same is working fine in on-prem version of bitbucket server(v7.12.0)

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hi @Demo User,

I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior, I tried testing this in one of my repos and the body of the response shows the hash of the correct commit.

I would like to ask if you could provide us with some further info, so we can troubleshoot this issue:

1. Did this issue occur with one specific commit only, or certain commits only? Or does it happen consistently with any new commits on this repo?

2. Was this webhook working ok before, and if so, when did this issue start occurring?

3. Are the triggers for this webhook 'Repository: push' only, or do you have any additional triggers?

4. Can you navigate to this repo's Repository settings > Webhooks > select the option View requests for this specific webhook > select the option Enable History.

Then, create a new commit to this repo (you can create a new test branch for this commit, which you can delete after we finish troubleshooting).
Afterwards, navigate to the previous page ("View requests" for this webhook), examine the body of the request, and check if you see the correct hash.

Please note that the response includes the hashes of the parents of this commit as well.
Is it possible that you're perhaps looking at the hash of the parent commit?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events