Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clone all of Bitbucket Server repos

Peter June 25, 2016

My team has implemented a custom backup process for Bitbucket Server.  On a nightly basis, we take down Bitbucket, rsync the files, take the DB backup, and save everything to tape.  This covers the major disaster recovery sceanrios by allowing the entire instance to be restored as of the prior night immediately and older instances via tape recovery.

In addition to this, my team would like to implement nightly backups at the repo level as well.  This would cover the case of a single repo being deleted.  While a full nightly restore is possible but may not be warranted if a repo could be created and cloned into Bitbucket.  This would result in less disruption to other teams.  We plan to keep only a few days rolling backups.  As a sanity check, does this sound reasonable?

If so, how would I go about to iteratively clone all repos within a Bitbucket instance?  I need it to be adaptive since I do not wish to update the script for every newly created repo.

2 answers

1 accepted

Peter June 26, 2016

Thanks!  Not elegant but workable.

Deleted user June 17, 2019

Awesome workaround!

0 votes
jensim May 11, 2020

I've built a cli for this, though it will only clone/pull git repos for now
https://github.com/jensim/bitbucket_server_cli

Peter May 11, 2020

Can you drop in a LICENSE.txt into your project?

jensim May 11, 2020

Done =)

jensim May 11, 2020

Cool that you are still monitoring this thread @Peter 4 years after your original post

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events