Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on Handling of Underscores in Searches

LQ December 18, 2019

In Bitbucket v4.13.0, searching for "pfp_" returned all the occurrences in our instance just fine.

However, after upgrading to v6.9.0 - today the result only lists the filenames, not the matched contents. 

Without the "_" all "pfp" occurrences will show. Also, "pfp_i" returns not found when there is a match :

• the "pfp_" search returned file names only. Opening the files I noticed that the term "pfp_" did not appear, so the search appears to be returning file names.  Not sure what this means.
  • "pfp\_" (escaping the underscore) returned matches but the "_" was not highlighted.  Not sure what this search term was looking for.  It appears that the backslash is punctuation, and the underscore became another token.

I've noticed that "pfp\_" gave me results showing matches, but "pfp\_i" gave me results from what appears to be binary files, so I'm not entirely sure what the new search patterns are...

Anybody have any clarification on the use of underscores for searches?? Reviewing the documentation did not clarify this.

Thank You!

1 answer

0 votes
LQ November 4, 2020

[bump]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events