Checkout Pull Request on Bit Bucket Cloud

dominic_ks August 16, 2021

Is there a way to checkout a PR on Bit Bucket Cloud from a fork that you don't have read access to? 

I read this, but I don't think this works without having read access to the fork that the PR is coming from:

And I read this one, but not sure this is relevant to Bit Bucket Cloud:

Is this possible or no?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2021

Hi @dominic_ks,

I'm afraid that at the moment this is not possible. Both links you posted in your question are applicable to Bitbucket Cloud, however, read access is needed to the fork in order to be able to fetch from it.

We have a feature request for having repository refs for pull requests, something that would allow users to fetch PRs locally without needing access to the fork:

If you'd be interested in that feature, I suggest adding your vote in that feature request (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events