Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking for workspace id availability

Peter Bysøe May 16, 2022

I have a workspace:

bitbucket.org/my_workspace

and want to change to my_workspace2

How do I know if my new workspace id (my_workspace2) is available before i hit the change button (A red button that will change my 236 repositories urls)? And how do I know that its not already taken? 

There's no info when i type in my new workspace id on whether or not the id is available

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022

Hello @Peter Bysøe ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.

In case the workspace name you are trying to change to is already taken, the change will not be completed and your workspace will be left intact.

So you can follow the steps below :

1. Click on the red Change button,
  2. A new prompt will be shown asking if you are sure about the change, and you can click on the red button Change workspace ID
  3. If the workspace id is already taken, you will be returned to the first screen with the error message "This workspace ID is not available." and your workspace ID will keep the same. In case the workspace ID is available, after clicking on Change workspace ID the change will take effect.

Hope that helps to clarify your questions. Let me know in case you have any doubt.

Thank you, @Peter Bysøe .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Peter Bysøe May 18, 2022

Yes indeed a second prompt, nice. My new workspace ID is available. thanks for the answer. Would be nice with some kind of confirmation on the first page that there will be a second prompt to do the final confirm.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events