Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel and hook overrides: using patterns

Edwin Froeling January 11, 2019

Hello,

I am trying to setup slacknotification to all pull request. Since we have different teams working in the same repo, i want to to distinquise the pullrequests per team to different slack channels, based on patterns used in the feature branches

eg all PR in feature/teamA/*  needs to go to slackchannel TeamA and feature/teamB*  needs to go to slackchannel TeamB

according to the description next to the field channel name in the channel and hook override it states:

You can add a comma separated list of pairs (pattern, channel). In this case the format must be: PATTERN->CHANNELNAME,ANOTHERPATTERN->ANOTHERCHANNELNAME. Pattern will match against the current ref name ignoring the "refs/heads" part. Example: if you want to match refs/heads/bugfix/mybug42.

But when using feature/teamA/* -> #TeamA, feature/teamB/*-> #TeamB it will not work (just using #teamA is working however, so the hook is ok, but this results in PR from teamB in channel #teamA as well)
What am i doing wrong?

3 answers

1 vote
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2021
0 votes
Denis Bondaletov August 9, 2019

The same problem! Atlassian support help me please!

0 votes
Lance Poehler April 19, 2019

We are having the exact some issue. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events