Changing the branching model setting

Andrew Liew June 30, 2022

In the typical setting of branching model, we have Development branch named "dev" and Production branch "master".

When creating a new branch (feature ) in a dialogue, the field "From branch" is defaulted to "dev". Our work flow requires the team to use "master" branch when creating a new branch (feature). The developers have user problem that they forget to change from "dev" to "master".

I have changed the branching model Development branch from "dev" to "master". So we would have Development and Production branch pointing to "master". With this setting, when creating a new branch (feature) in a dialogue, the field "From branch" is now defaulted to "master". 

Question : If I were to apply the setting, would this affect/changes the existing git operation (pull request, merge, creation, update, etc)?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2022

Hey @Andrew Liew 

G'Day!

I believe this will not affect any existing git operation.

The thing that will change will be on the branch and pull request creation, as it will point to the new development branch you configure.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Andrew Liew July 4, 2022

Thanks for your reply.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events