Change system-wide branching model options

At my organisation, we use the Driessen branching model for all our projects, which is nearly the same as Stash's default branching strategy. However, the default branch and the production branch still need to be changed in all our repositories.

Is there any way to apply these new settings system-wide? And can we store them in, say, the stash-config.properties file so that the default settings are applied to new repositories as well?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Thijs,

I'm afraid there isn't any way at the moment. Your best bet at the moment is to script the configuration of each repository via REST, or alternatively add a plugin that automatically adds settings to newly created repositories.

It's something this is a general problem in Stash, ideally we have a way of inheriting settings from projects (or globally).

This is certainly something we've talked about internally, although I honestly couldn't give you a timeline as to when (or if?) that might happen.

This is one issue which is vaguelly linked, and may be worth watching/voting on for updates to this area.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3614

Cheers,

Charles

The branching model REST API is read-only afaik, so how to do it via the REST API?

https://developer.atlassian.com/static/rest/stash/2.12.1/stash-branch-utils-rest.html

What API/Module Type to use, to perform it via plugin?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

710 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot