Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant add new file to repository

Adarsha Krishna May 15, 2022

I am trying to create new file in my repository, and the web editor does not work/load

Screenshot 2022-05-16 011303.png

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022

Hello @Adarsha Krishna ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The errors you are seeing in the dev panel are because whenever you update the name of the file you are adding, our UI makes an API call to check if a file already exists with that name. An HTTP 404 response means that a file with that name does not already exist, so you are good at creating it.

I tried loading the page to add a file ( Go to Repository > Source tab > Click on the Tree dots in the top right corner > Add File) and it loaded successfully : 

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 12.58.32.png

That said, the behavior you are reporting could be a temporary glitch when you tried to access it or potentially a local browser cache issue. In this case, we usually recommend the following : 

• Clear the browser's cache/cookies
  • Try to access using the browser's incognito mode
  • If using any browser extensions, temporarily disable them and check if the issue persists.

You can try following the suggestions above if you are still facing the issue. Please also make sure you are using one of the browsers supported by Bitbucket Cloud :

Hope that helps! In case you have any further questions, please let me know.

Thank you, @Adarsha Krishna .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events