Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view source code on BitBucket website.

Florian Gmeiner August 3, 2018

I've created a repository and uploaded a bunch of test files and for some reason I can only view the README.md.

I cannot review the source for *.c, *.txt, or other *.md files even though I can push and pull files to and from local and remote repos.  I can view the files locally but not in the browser.  

The commited files show up in the source area but then once I click on them I get this error:

Error BitBucket.PNG

Then they disapper from the source area ... seems really strange.  My colleagues have never seen this happen.  @[deleted] please help.

Is this a bug, or is the problem between the keyboard and the seat?

1 answer

0 votes
Mark A.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2018

Hi Florian,

If I understand correctly when you can successfully push files and changes to this repository, you can view the files in the file listing but when selecting to view the file source, you receive the attached error stating that the file does not exist?

Further, the files and changes you pushed disappear from the source file listing?

Does this only occur for this repository, or do you experience this with others?

Are you the only one experiencing this issue, or do other users experience the same thing?

Do all changes you push disappear, or is it only some?

If you clone this repository, do your changes appear?

-Mark

Florian Gmeiner August 7, 2018

Hi Mark,

Your description seems correct. 

"If I understand correctly when you can successfully push files and changes to this repository, you can view the files in the file listing but when selecting to view the file source, you receive the attached error stating that the file does not exist?"

I can preform my normal git operations on my local repo and push and pull them to the remote repo to other machines.  I cannot however review the source code in my BitBucket account in the web browser.

1-BitBucketIssue.PNG

From the very top:

1. I select "Project Name"
  2. Then my "Repo Name" 
  3. Then "Source.  This produces the "file folder icon with /" and a list of my test documents.  
  4. I click "FlorianTest.txt" and I get the error page: 2-BitBucketIssue.PNG
  5. In a second repo in the same project I have, pushed two test files (*.txt), one is viewable in the Source area the other throws the same does not exist error. 

"Further, the files and changes you pushed disappear from the source file listing?"

Yes, the files once clicked were previously disappearing from the Source list on the web site.  This seems no longer to be an issues. 

"Does this only occur for this repository, or do you experience this with others?"

The disappearing listing has been resolved as far as I can see but in the two repos I tested none viewable source is an issue in both. 

"Are you the only one experiencing this issue, or do other users experience the same thing?"

All users are experiencing the same issues. 

"Do all changes you push disappear, or is it only some?"

It seems to be that all that none of my changes are viewable in the BitBucket Source viewer.  We can however see the files listed. 

"If you clone this repository, do your changes appear?"

All changes appear in our cloned repos.  The basic git functionality is still working it's just the source viewing that is not possible thorough the BitBucket Source viewer in the browser.  

I am however able to view the Source if I go through "Commits" and click the "Commit Hash".

Mark A.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2018

Florian,

Thanks so much for your response. I think a deeper investigation is needed and as such, I opened a support case so that we can dig further into your instance and not share that information here.

You should have received a notification with a link to your support case.  We will continue the investigation there.

-Mark

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events