Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot start Setup Wizard for BitBucket Server on Linux

pirvulescu February 24, 2018

Hello,

I am experiencing an strange issue with BitBucket which I was hoping to use on my local server instead of the cloud version. I installed it yesterday and all went fine and also I linked it to jira.

As of today I could not reach the bitbucket web ui anymore on the standard 7990 port as usual. So, since the service was running on my VPS and no error logs were found I decided I will reinstall it.

After following the exact steps in the uninstall guide, I installed bitbucket again with no errors, but when I go to [IP]:7990 or localhost:7990 I just get am timeout from the browser. 

I have checked the logs again and now I can see some issue with starting elastic search.

2018-02-24 22:16:34,550 ERROR [Caesium-1-4] c.a.scheduler.core.JobLauncher Scheduled job with ID 'IndexingAnalyticsJob' failed
rx.exceptions.OnErrorNotImplementedException: null
at rx.observables.BlockingObservable$8.call(BlockingObservable.java:642)
at rx.observables.BlockingObservable$8.call(BlockingObservable.java:639)
at rx.observables.BlockingObservable$9.onError(BlockingObservable.java:673)
at rx.internal.operators.NotificationLite.accept(NotificationLite.java:147)
at rx.observables.BlockingObservable.subscribe(BlockingObservable.java:528)
at rx.observables.BlockingObservable.subscribe(BlockingObservable.java:665)
at rx.observables.BlockingObservable.subscribe(BlockingObservable.java:639)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.search.internal.analytics.IndexingAnalyticsJob.runJob(IndexingAnalyticsJob.java:51)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.runJob(JobLauncher.java:153)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launchAndBuildResponse(JobLauncher.java:118)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launch(JobLauncher.java:97)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.launchJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:443)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeClusteredJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:438)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeClusteredJobWithRecoveryGuard(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:462)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeQueuedJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:390)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService$1.consume(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:285)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService$1.consume(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:282)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.executeJob(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:65)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.executeNextJob(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:59)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.run(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:34)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: com.atlassian.bitbucket.search.client.ElasticsearchClientNotConfiguredException: null
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.search.client.DefaultConfigurableElasticsearchClient.lambda$execute$2(DefaultConfigurableElasticsearchClient.java:35)
at java.util.Optional.orElseGet(Optional.java:267)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.search.client.DefaultConfigurableElasticsearchClient.execute(DefaultConfigurableElasticsearchClient.java:35)
... 14 common frames omitted

Again, the services act like are running, the VPS has 8-cores and 16GbRam and runs just empty JIRA and Bitbucket for now, so I have no idea what this could be.

Any hints ?!

Kind regards,

Adrian

2 answers

0 votes
ikhot March 4, 2018

exactly same problem when new install a bitbucket server here.

Sébastien Maisonneuve March 8, 2018

@ikhot did you solde your problem? I got the same.

ikhot March 8, 2018

if you are working on vms, try 

apt-get install haveged

pirvulescu March 8, 2018

I fixed it by reinstalling the OS ( linux ). Tried all possible things but no chance!

Sébastien Maisonneuve March 8, 2018

With a different distribution? Different way to deploy Bitbucket? 

pirvulescu March 8, 2018

Same distribution of Bitbucket 64bit for linux, same OS ( Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit) same VPS (16gbram 8 core ). I completely restored the OS and re-installed then it worked fine.

PaoloFernandez August 24, 2018

Hi, It might be a firewall problem, try enabling the port.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2018

Hi Adrian! What did you do when you ran the installer? When you start Bitbucket it will always say it is starting on 7990 even if you configure it to start on a different port. Can you show us your bitbucket.properties to see what port it's actually running on? You also mention VPS, where are you hosting this? AWS? Azure? Make sure those ports are actually allowed as well.

Let us know!

Ana

pirvulescu February 28, 2018

Hi Ana,

My installations were default. This was a standard Ubuntu 16.04 vps with 8core 16gb. After resetting vps ( reinstall os ) and doing a clean install it worked fine. Thanks for the support!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events