• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot merge branches or create pull requests today

I get a cryptic error message when I try to merge a features branch into my develop branch: "Unable to merge."

When I try to do a pull request on the same branch, I get "Something went wrong while creating your pull request."

The Atlassian status site says Bitbucket is Operational.  What's going on?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Byran,

Are you still facing this issue?

I understand that the error message is not explanatory, and we'd need more info to figure out why this occurs.

1. Is this specific to these branches and PR?

Are you able to merge other branches/PRs in the repo?

2. Is the diff between those branches large, if you check it locally?

It is possible that the error may be due to a time out, if the diff is large. You can check the limits here:

In this case, you could merge locally and push to Bitbucket.

3. It would be useful to have a HAR file, generated while you try to merge and get an error (or when you try to create the PR and get an error). The HAR file will most likely contain an error code if you get a 500 response, which we can check in our system for more details.

As the HAR file contains sensitive data, I would suggest opening a support ticket for this issue (the support ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff) and attach the HAR file there. You can open a ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/, in "What can we help you with" select "Technical issues and bugs" and then Bitbucket Cloud as product.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Thank you, Theodora.  I have created support ticket BBS-155691

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

2,589 views 1 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you