Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to Bitbucket after account migration to mail address

Deleted user March 27, 2022

Hi there,

I have not been using my bitbucket account for a while now and wanted to access it again. When trying to log in, I was prompted to use my mail address instead of my username and a migration of my account from bitbucket & username to atlassian & mail address happened. Since then, I cannot log in to bitbucket anymore.

Login to id.atlassian.com works, but when I navigate to bitbucket, I am sent to the start page of bitbucket with "Log in" button at the top right. After clicking that, I am redirected and a page is loaded which says "We couldn’t log you in".

Direct login on bitbucket.org results in some kind of success, as I am redirected to what looks like a users personal view (navigation bar with repos, projects, etc at the left), but I do not see any contents there and the browser asks me for a username and password continuously (with the browser's auth dialog, not web page inputs).

I already followed https://confluence.atlassian.com/bbkb/atlassian-account-invalid-password-issue-840797003.html and reset my password, but the problem persists.

I tried both with Firefox and Chrome with same results.

Any help would be appreciated very much.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2022

Hi, @[deleted], welcome to the community! 

I checked the Bitbucket account linked to the email you used to create this question and confirmed it was inactive, so I have reactivated it. Could you please try to access it now and see if it works?

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Deleted user March 30, 2022

Hi Caroline,

everything works as expected now. Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Kroul

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2022

Hi Kroul, thanks for your confirmation, I'm glad to know everything is working now. Have a great day! 

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events