Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Cannot create PR from VSCode, auth error?

Just started using BitBucket, created the repository and started the first PR via VSCode and I end up with this error. I'm an admin so I should be authenticated to access it. I've removed the Atlassian app from VSCode, restarted, logged in/out and still get the error. Any insights? 

image.png

1 answer

0 votes

@Blake Peavy 

That error indicates that git can't access the repository. git's authentication is done separately from the credentials you entered for the VS Code extension. For most users git authentication is done via SSH. Instructions on how to set up SSH for Bitbucket can be found at https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/set-up-an-ssh-key/

Regards,
Nick

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,239 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you