Cannot commit app changes from ServiceNow to Bitbucket Cloud

Stefan van Kammen June 23, 2022

Hello,

I'm using an Bitbucket App Password with all permissions checked to connect from ServiceNow to Bitbucket via HTTPS (Basic auth). The connection works fine but when i try to commit some changes i'm getting the following error:

"The repo cannot be accessed. Check URL, username, and password, and confirm user has read, write, and create branch access"

I checked my permissions on the repository and i have admin permissions so that should be oke.

Could you please help me out? Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards, Stefan

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2022

Hi Stefan and welcome to the community!

Since you have admin permissions to the repo, I would suggest checking its Repository settings > Branch permissions (from the website) and see if there are any branch permissions that restrict certain users from pushing to certain branches.

Other than that, we would need some additional info to investigate this:

1. What operation is ServiceNow trying to perform?

Commit creation is something that happens locally in a clone of the repo, unless you are using our API to create a commit. Is the operation perhaps a git push of commits?

Are there any logs in ServiceNow that show what is the exact git command or API call that is executed?

2. If there is such a log, is there any additional output there from the command that is executed and fails?

3. The timestamp of such a (recent) event, so we can check if there is info about it in our logs

4. Whether authentication is done with your Bitbucket user account

If you can find this info, you can post it here (after sanitizing any private info, like usernames, repo names etc) so I can take a look.

I see that your Bitbucket Cloud account has access to a workspace on a paid billing plan, so if the issue occurs with a repo on that plan, you can alternatively raise a ticket with the support team to investigate this.

The support ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, so you can share any URLs without sanitizing them. You can create a ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/, in "What can we help you with?" select "Technical issues and bugs" and then Bitbucket Cloud as product.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events