Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access Bitbucket repo remotely using SSH

cjwilde1 May 10, 2020

I just added a Workspace, Project, and empty repository under Bitbucket.  My goal is to push my local repository to Bitbucket, but the SSH keys are not cooperating.  When I try "git clone git@bitbucket.org:Workspace/repository", the command fails with the message

Forbidden
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

I created a new SSH key on my local machine and assigned it to my Personal account.  Git clone still failed.  Deleted it from Personal and assigned it to my Workspace.  Git clone still failed.  Deleted it from Workspace and assigned it to repository.  Git clone still failed.  I tried assigning my old SSH key in each place, but Bitbucket told me the key was already added.

I can still access an old repository that uses the old SSH key.  When I run ssh -Tv git@bitbucket.org, I see that my original key in id_rsa was accepted.

I need help setting up the connection between bitbucket and my local machine for the new repository.

Note: If I use git clone https://bitbucket.org/Workspace/repository, that works, although I have to provide my username and password.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events