Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we grant access to a service account for a bitbucket repository?

Dinesh Marella September 26, 2022

I have a request to add a service account to access bitbucket repository. How can i do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2022

Hi, @Dinesh Marella, welcome to the community! 

Currently, Bitbucket Cloud does not have service accounts, but we have the following feature request to have this functionality implemented: 

I would suggest that you add your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. 

You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request. 

As for now, we advised you to use a regular account with an email address as a "service account" to work around the current lack of this offering. 

Please feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Dinesh Marella September 27, 2022

Thanks Caroline, Just wanted to confirm if we can grant readonly access to the service accounts for the repositories in bitbucket?

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2022

Hi, @Dinesh Marella

If what you need is just to grant read-only access to this account, I would recommend you add an Access key to your repository to allow this user or service to authenticate when pulling or cloning a repository over SSH. 

An access key has the following features and limitations:

• Grant read-only access to a public or private repository.

• Don't require additional users on your plan.

• Can be added to multiple repositories.

• Can't also be associated with an account.

• Don't require a passphrase when used for automated processes. 

In case you would like to add an Access key, you can access the next document to check all the steps to achieve this:

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events