Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we connect JIRA software self-hosted and Bitbucket Self-hosted to access the same project?

Rohitha Rathnayake
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 1, 2018

We recently purchased a Bitbucket server licence, and now installed the JIRA software self hosted server. Is there a way to link the two servers so that JIRA can access the projects on the Bitbucket server without having to duplicate or create new projects separately.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2018

Hi Rohitha, I'm not sure what you mean by

Is there a way to link the two servers so that JIRA can access the projects on the Bitbucket server without having to duplicate or create new projects separately.

Linking the two applications will not auto-create the existing projects in one of them into the other one. The link will give you an integration between the two of them and will enable the following features:

• See the related branch, commit and pull request information in a JIRA issue (or commits on the Source tab for older versions)
  • Create Git branches from within JIRA and JIRA Agile
  • Transition JIRA issues from within Bitbucket Server
  • Use JIRA issue keys in Bitbucket Server markdown
  • See the details for JIRA issues in Bitbucket Server
  • See, in Bitbucket Server, the JIRA issues related to Bitbucket Server commits and pull requests
  • View the status and warnings of commits, branches and pull requests for an entire version within JIRA in the Release Hub.

For more info on what you'll get, you can read Integrating with development tools.

To proceed with the integration, you can follow the steps at  Linking Bitbucket Server with Jira.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events