• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't log in: Captcha not displaying

I was trying to test using the REST API, I got a response telling me I needed to complete a captcha. I logged out and tried to log in and saw this image:

image.pngf

Unfortunately the CAPTCHA isn't displaying:

I see the server is rturning a 500 for the captcha request

Error creating bean with name 'imageCaptchaServicePrototype' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'com.atlassian.stash.internal.web.util.captcha.StashCaptchaEngine#4ef54ec2' of type [com.atlassian.stash.internal.web.util.captcha.StashCaptchaEngine] while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.stash.internal.web.util.captcha.StashCaptchaEngine#4ef54ec2' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.stash.internal.web.util.captcha.StashCaptchaEngine]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0

I can't reset password, because:

image.png

2 answers

0 votes

Hi, and welcome to the community!

This sounds like a bug to me, something we should fix! To help us identify the cause, could you please provide these details:

• What version of Bitbucket Server are you using?
  • What operating system + version are you using?
  • Is this a fresh installation?
  • For which user are you seeing the captcha error, is it admin?

To help you with regaining access to your Bitbucket instance, please have a look at this article: How to identify and reset all users blocked by CAPTCHA. In particular the cURL command mentioned is useful:

curl --user <user_name>:<password> -X DELETE http://baseurl:7990/rest/api/1.0/admin/users/captcha?name=<user_name>

Should you want to reset CAPTCHA through the database: please read the article thoroughly, and make sure you create a backup!

I hope this helps - I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

I know this is an old thread, but it still hasn't been fixed. Anyone know a workaround other that to ask your administrator to reset it? 

Getting the same problem in Bitbucket 7.2.3 😳

If it can't mail out, then yes, you will need an admin to unlock.  Or, you could google "reset bitbucket admin password" and that will get you in.  Otherwise you will need to wait for your bitbucket admin to unlock/set password.

It is back same issue I am admin

Hi there,

I am sorry I did not get back to this thread earlier to say we were able to fix it following this KB guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/captcha-image-doesn-t-render-779171210.html

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,926 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you