Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find breezycloud in the Username or email address field when doing a tutorial

Al-Khalil Al-Maamari August 15, 2019

I am doing the tutorial of "Learn about Bitbucket pull requests" and in the section of "Create a repository and add a teammate" in step 1 , in instruction number 7 which is "Search for breezycloud in the Username or email address field, pick that user, and click Add", when I searched for breezycloud, it shows that "no results found"

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Charles C.
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 16, 2019

Hello Everyone! I submitted a ticket regarding this issue and this is what I got back:

Due to GDPR Bitbucket changed the way you give access to someone. You are only able to add someone if you have its email address. The email address of the account mentioned in the tutorial is breezy.cloud.atlassian@gmail.com. You can use that to complete the tutorial!

1 vote
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2019

Hello @Al-Khalil Al-Maamari,

In order to improve user privacy, we have made changes to Bitbucket Cloud invitations. Onу of them is that when you add a new user to a team or a repository (where new means that user doesn't currently have access to that team or repository), you now have to enter an email address, not username.

Looks like we forgot to update that tutorial which you're trying to follow, sorry about that. I'll let the team know so that we get it fixed.

Thanks for reporting this.

Cheers,
Daniil

Al-Khalil Al-Maamari August 15, 2019

Thank you Daniil for your answer 

Do you have any suggestions on how to continue the tutorial or I have to wait until it is updated? 

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2019

I actually was going to just give you an email of the very same account so that you can use it instead, but the problem is that after the aforementioned change the user you add needs to accept an invitation in their mailbox, and I believe we don't have this automation in place at the moment. So even if you continue with email you'll need to wait until someone accepts the invitation to start seeing that user in the potential PR reviewers etc.

That said, feel free to use one of my personal secondary accounts ka.nistra@yandex.ru to finish the tutorial, but please allow some time for me to accept the invitation when it comes in. I'll keep an eye on the inbox.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Daniil

Al-Khalil Al-Maamari August 16, 2019

Thank you very much Daniil

Take your time

Assegd Assefa Asfaw
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2019

@Daniil Penkin 

I am facing the the same problem, shall i also use the email u have mentioned "ka.nistra.yandex.ru". I don't have any option, for now i will add it. But if you have any other suggestion pls let me know.

Thanks

Assegd

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
September 18, 2019

Hello @Assegd Assefa Asfaw,

I did let the right person known but I haven't checked their progress on updating that tutorial, I can't tell at the moment when a replacement will be available.

I'm not actively checking that mailbox, but yeah sure you're more than welcome to use it within the tutorial as long as you notify me here :) I did accept your invitation to the team, you can now continue with the tutorial.

Cheers,
Daniil

Charlie Pattinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2019

Hello @Daniil Penkin 

I have similarly used that email address, I hope this is ok.

Cheers,

Charlie

David Czerski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 2, 2019

Hello @Daniil Penkin 

The tutorial still needs updating, I am having the same issue as mentioned above today.

I hope it is okay if I use the email you provided earlier.

Cheers 

David

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2019

Hi @David Czerski,

Yeah unfortunately it still hasn't been updated.

Sure thing, I accepted your invitation, you can now continue with the tutorial.

Cheers,
Daniil

Like David Czerski likes this
Deleted user October 3, 2019

Hi @Daniil Penkin ,

I just used your email address for the tutorial as well, I hope you can accept it.

Thanks,

Eric

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
October 3, 2019

Hey @[deleted] ,

All done, you can continue with the tutorial now.

Cheers,
Daniil

Like Deleted user likes this
Charles C.
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 29, 2019

Hi @Daniil Penkin ,

I've used your email to send an invite! I hope that's okay :)

Thanks,

Charlie

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
October 29, 2019

Hey @Charles C.,

Accepted your invitation, you can keep on with the tutorial now.

Cheers,
Daniil

Seb
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 4, 2019

Hi @Daniil Penkin , 

I will do the same. Hope you wont mind if I use your email as well. 

thanks!

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
November 4, 2019

Hey @Seb,

Sure thing, all done. You should be able to continue with the tutorial.

Cheers,
Daniil

Robert Levy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 26, 2019

Hello, I'm trying the same thing with your email address. Sorry and thanks!

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
November 27, 2019

Hello @Robert Levy,

All good, done. Please keep on with the tutorial.

Cheers,
Daniil

malkaysi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 16, 2019

Hi, I added you as well. Thanks!

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
December 16, 2019

Hello @malkaysi,

Welcome to the Community!

Please continue with the tutorial.

Cheers,
Daniil

Dino_Kralj
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 26, 2020

Hey, added you as well.

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

Hey @Dino_Kralj ,

Welcome to the Community.

Accepted, please continue with the tutorial.

Cheers,
Daniil

Nisha_T
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 28, 2020

Hello @Daniil Penkin

I have added you so I can complete the tutorial.

Thank you!

Like Daniil Penkin likes this
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
May 28, 2020

Hi @Nisha_T,

Welcome to the Community.

Accepted, keep on with the tutorial.

Cheers,
Daniil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events