cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't clone my repo

Arjun Varma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2023

I'm trying to clone a repository on my bitbucket account, it's handled by company's IT department. While cloning the repo, I'm asked for my account's password. On my windows machine, I'm able to clone it without any issues after I provide the password. But on my Mac (I'm logged into the same account) it says that my credentials are invalid. I even tried SSH clone, but that didn't work either.

remote: Invalid credentials
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/probe/probegtp.git/'

Every member of my team with a macbook faced this issue. I tried downloading the code and tried adding the origin to the repository, but that didn't work either. It says that I can not access this repository but clearly I have access on my windows machine. 

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2023

Hi Arjun,

When you try to clone, do you get a password promt? Or did it remember your password from a previous login?

I'm not a Mac user myself but can you try clearing the credentials in you credential manager?

It's one of the steps in this procedure: Authentication Error - "remote: Invalid username or password" 

Arjun Varma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2023

Yes, it did ask me for my password. I don't think there was any authentication error but I will try your solution and let you know if the problem still persists.

Thank you for replying :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events