Yauheni Harbuzau June 9, 2022

Hello, I can't add ssh key, it says:

"Someone has already added that SSH key."

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This message usually happens when you have used the key with another account (do not do this, keys should not be shared by multiple users or accounts).

If you can't remember who you gave it to, or what other account had access to it, then you'll need to create a new key for your current account.

I would like to use my current key. Unfortunately I don't remember if I used my key in another projects/account (I had some of them). Is it possible somehow to remove my key from other projects?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

You'll have to log into the account that did it, go to profile -> personal settings -> ssh keys and remove it from there.

The problem is I don't remember exact account/project and probably I don't have access anymore because it's possible it was a corporate account

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2022

Yeah, that's one reason you shouldn't be sharing keys across accounts.

If you are on a supported installation (basically, 11+ users on any platform), you can raise a request with Atlassian for them to search for the key and at least tell you where it is!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events