Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Launch BitBucket hosted on Ubuntu 16 - SpringMVC dispatcher could not be started

EvlumaIT June 23, 2021

Out of nowhere we started receiving the error "SpringMVC dispatcher could not be started" I rebooted the Ubuntu VM and upon trying to access, BitBucket says, "Atlassian BitBucket is starting up. Migrating Home Directory" It'll sit there for a few minutes and then throw the error.

There should have been no changes to the OS itself, though it's unclear to me if one of the engineers made changes to BitBucket from the admin interface. The ones I have asked so far said no changes.

We are dead in the water at this time!! Would love to migrate off of this Ubuntu machine and go to the cloud! (separate story unless it's easier to do that than to solve this issue)

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2021

Hi, 

The root cause seems to be this error:

Caused by: liquibase.exception.LockException: Could not acquire change log lock. Currently locked by 192.168.13.249 (192.168.13.249) since 6/10/21 10:04 AM

There's a knowledge base article on how to resolve this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/bitbucket-server-does-not-start-could-not-acquire-change-log-lock-779171307.html

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

EvlumaIT June 23, 2021

I may need a bit of hand holding because I'm a noob. I saw this article already and when I access the postgres command line and try to use the PostgreSQL command in the article, it errors out with,

ERROR: relation "databasechangeloglock" does not exist

LINE 1: UPDATE databasechangeloglock SET LOCKED=false, LOCKGRANTED=m...

^

UPDATE: I first needed to connect to the bitbucket database. Told ya I was a noob!!! Things seem to be working now! Thank you for the help :D

0 votes
EvlumaIT June 23, 2021

Here's a Pastebin of the log file:

BitBucket Log - Pastebin.com

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events