Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not change password for Microsoft account

hienlh February 12, 2020

Dear,

I have a problem when I change my password.

I login into Atlassian with the Microsoft account and work with Bitbucket. You know, Bitbucket is a git service. So I want to pull repository, edit code, commit code and push it to Bitbucket. But you know, when I want to commit or push code, I have to be authenticated. To do it, I need an email and password. But I logged in with social account so I don't have any password to type. I try to change my password but the website throw out an error that "Some thing wrong".

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 09.33.57.png

Please help me solving my problem.

If you need any other information, please let me know!

My email is l_hien@stagegroup.jp.

Thanks and best regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2020

Hello @hienlh,

If you log in using social auth, you have to use some other auth method when pulling and pushing code. I suggest you to set up SSH key and then use SSH protocol for Git operations. You can also use app password instead (make sure you select right scopes when creating it).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Daniil

hienlh February 12, 2020

Hi @Daniil Penkin ,

Thanks for your answer. 

I know about SSH key and app password. But they have another problem. In my company, I use many macbooks to release mobile app, so there macs are public for every one in my company. Therefore I don't want to create SSH key or app password in these macs. 

And yesterday I have a problem when I logged in by Microsoft account. I have not accessed my account since yesterday. You can see problem in the below screenshot. This is the time I need a password. But I can't change my password. So inconvenience.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 09.59.39.png

Please let me know if you have any ways to resolve this problem.

Thanks and best regards!

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2020

Therefore I don't want to create SSH key or app password in these macs.

App password is just like your regular credentials except for that they're hard to remember as they're generated randomly. But you don't need to keep them on the machine, you can type them in each time, just like your MS credentials.

And yesterday I have a problem when I logged in by Microsoft account.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of possible ways to resolve this issue. I'd suggest you to open a support case instead, our Support team will be happy to help.

Cheers,
Daniil

hienlh February 12, 2020

Yeah, thank you very much. I will open a support care.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events