Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can i change my academic license to other workspace.?

I got academic license on my one workspace but by mistake i create repository on other workspace. Now i want to transfer my academic license to my other workspace.

Best Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R Atlassian Team Nov 17, 2021

Hi, @Mazhar Imran _Student-PECS_! Welcome to the community! 

Just to give you some context, the academic license is linked to your email. The account must be registered with your academic institution email in order to receive this discount. So it’s not possible to transfer this academic license to another workspace that is not registered with your academic institution email.

However, you can transfer the repository ownership to the workspace that has the academic license (the transferred repository loses all access groups and doesn't inherit the destination account's default access groups. You'll have to set those on the repository after the transfer).

In order to transfer the repository ownership, you can follow the next steps:

• Access the repository you want to transfer > click Repository settings in the left menu.

• Select the option Manage repository > click Transfer repository.

• Enter the Workspace ID of the workspace in which you want to transfer the repository.

• Click Transfer. 

• Then, Bitbucket will send an email to the new owner or workspace administrators containing the transfer request with a link to the page that allows the user to accept or reject the transfer. 

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Hey,

I have transferred the license to my other workspace. Seriously am impressed with your service like how fast you respond and solve the problem. Thankew so much bitbucket Team.

Best Regards

Mazhar Imran

Caroline R Atlassian Team Nov 22, 2021

Hi, Mazhar! 

Thank you for your feedback! :) I'm glad to know you were able to solve your problem. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,229 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you