Can auto linking of the Jira issues be prevented inside the Bitbucket pull request overview section?

lintek214 February 2, 2023

When users create pull request, they will sometimes make addition comments about the request in the overview section. When they do, they are including related Jira issue numbers. When that happens, those issues will also show the pull request. However, it's only because of the Jira and Bitbucket auto-linking through the Jira issue number this happens. It becomes confusing looking at an issue linking to pull request which it has no real impact to. Is there a way to prevent this? Maybe with some special char characters around the Jira issue number?

1 answer

0 votes
lintek214 February 3, 2023

I figured out what is going on. It's not as I described after all. My users are committing changes on the same development branch (which is linked to a single issue) using different issues in the commit message. The pull request, regardless of the issue is displayed in the Summary title, is now seen in all issues that have commits on that branch. And when I look at the pull request's commit listing, it confirms this fact.

I just wish they wouldn't do this. I want them to use a single issue for branch/commits/pull requests. I just don't see a way to prevent the mixing of issues across the three objects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events