Can a fisheye-crucible-svn instance be bound to an external SVN repository?

Imran Moinuddin July 31, 2012

I've noticed that the on-demand instance provides an SVN repository of its own. Is it possible for me to use my own externally hosted SVN repository and 'connect it' with the fisheye-crucible instance? I've not run into anything in the settings yet that allow me to do so (the primary reason I want to do this is that my current repository is gigantic and shifting everything seems daunting!)

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2012

Hi Imran,

I'm sorry top say that it isn't possible to connect OnDemand instances to external repositories, unless they are hosted on Bitbucket or Github, where there is the possibility to connect to the JIRA instance but still not to the FishEye/Crucible part of the instance so I would suggest you either upload the repositories to the instance or bring your FishEye/Crucible instance behind the firewall with your repositories.

All the best,
John

Imran Moinuddin August 1, 2012

John,

Thanks for the insight!

Would deploying FishEye/Crucible on our own servers enable us to use any SVN repository we please?

Imran

Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2012

Yes as long as the FishEye/Crucible installation on your own servers as network access to the SVN repository you can link it to anything you want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events