Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a deleted repository be restored?

Ute Willmore March 15, 2016

I create a repository on BitBucket Cloud yesterday using SourceTree. I had added a .gitignore file because I did not want pdf file to be committed, but I made a mistake and the pdf files got committed anyway.

Rather than deleting the files and their history using BFD repo cleanup tool I am considering deleting the repository and starting from scratch. Before I do that, I would like to be sure though, that

1.     a deleted repository cannot be restored.
  2.     I can reuse the repository name without SourceTree, BitBucket Cloud or git having problems

If you know the answer to my questions, please reply.

Thanks

Ute 

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2016
  1. Once deleted, a repository cannot be restored.
  2. You can reuse the repository name for a new repository without issue.

0 votes
Ute Willmore March 19, 2016

Thank you very much Erik, for taking the time to answer my question.

Ute

0 votes
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2016

Once deleted, a repository cannot be restored. You can reuse the repository name for a new repository without issue.

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
March 15, 2016

Why not create another test repository and try it? smile That way you don't have to take anybodies word for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events