Can a Bitbucket Cloud static website show pipeline output?

sonatagreen February 15, 2021

Noob question; I might be getting the terminology fuzzy.

When using Bitbucket Cloud to host a static website out of a repository (like <example.bitbucket.io>), is it possible to have the site show/include data generated by a pipeline/build?

One common use case might be to indicate whether the latest build has passing tests. Another (perhaps more heavyweight) possibility might be if a project compiles to HTML/CSS/JS from something else (e.g. Jekyll, Sass, TypeScript).

On one hand, this might impinge on the philosophical purity of a static website; on the other, it naively seems like a relatively straightforward combination of existing functionality.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Hey @sonatagreen , welcome to the Atlassian Community.

When using Bitbucket Cloud to host a static website out of a repository (like <example.bitbucket.io>), is it possible to have the site show/include data generated by a pipeline/build?

I'd say it certainly is, despite I've never tried it out myself. Really nice idea.

Keep in mind thought the website is publicly available, so the build information you'd like to put there should be public as well.

All you need to do for publishing is to pull from the site directory, update the main branch and push to it again. This should do it.

And as you can use pipelines as well with the Atlassian Bitbucket static-website repository, you can run Jekyll, Sass, Typescript or whatever your pipelines container is for.

To fetch JSON data of a pipeline run itself, the REST API has some offerings (e.g. pulling logs - if you want that info at all).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events