Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the changeset feature for all commits since last successful build?

sk-gudmundur-pall September 14, 2021

Greetings

I would like to be able to run a step in pipelines only if certain files changed since last successful build, however it seems that this feature only considers the last commit, even if the build failed.

Is there a way to do what I want?

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2021

Hi @sk-gudmundur-pall and welcome to the community.

I'm afraid that this is not possible at the moment.

In a pull-request pipeline, all commits are taken into account, and if you provide an includePathlist of patterns, a step will be executed when at least one commit change matches one of the conditions. For other types of pipelines, only the last commit is considered.

I can open a feature request for what you're asking for our development team to consider, please feel free to let me know if you'd like me to proceed with that.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Matúš Stehlík October 24, 2022

Theodora, such feature would be very much useful for our team as well, 

could you open the feature request please?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2022

Hi Matúš,

Of course, I went ahead and created a feature request here:

Please make sure to add your vote by selecting "Vote for this issue" in that ticket, to further express your interest.

You are also more than welcome to leave a comment if you'd like to share more details about your use case.

Please keep in mind that we don't provide ETAs and new features are implemented as per our policy here. You can add yourself as a watcher to the feature request if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events