Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have BitBucket automatically check the transition for all linked tickets when merging a PR?

Robert Radu September 29, 2022

I know that once you link JIRA to BitBucket (Cloud) that it will show you a list of linked JIRA tickets when a checkbox next to each one so that you can choose which to transition upon merging the PR, but on BitBucket Server, it would do this automatically which was very helpful.  Is there any way to get these checkboxes checked by default?  Or do we now have an extra manual step we didn't before?

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2022

Hi, @Robert Radu, welcome to the community! 

Currently, if you have a pull request merge trigger configured in your Jira workflow, the merge dialog will no longer provide manual options to transition issues. Instead, it will display the automatic transition as a reminder to users that the issue will be automatically transitioned when they merge the PR.

In order to configure that, you can access your Jira project and follow the next steps:

• Open Project settings > Workflows 

• Click the pencil icon to edit it

• Select the transition you would like to change and open Triggers > Add Trigger

• Select the Pull request merged option to automatically transition the Jira issue when a related pull request is merged in a connected repository

• Click Next > Add Trigger 
  • Publish the draft of your workflow 

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Christopher Maxwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2023

Hi @Caroline R ,

I don't want to hijack this thread but I have a related question for you.

Is it possible to disable the display of the automation transition reminder you mentioned in your first sentence so that the transition is fully automated without any dialog box or checkbox needing to be cleared?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events