Can I get personal Slack notifications from Bitbucket for only my PRs and builds?

trygve-pg January 13, 2021

We're trying to clean up our Slack channels and have realized that, at least for some of our internal projects, no one does anything with anyone else's build or pull request notifications. (We can add reviewers or at-mention in comments to get someone else's attention on a PR.) Is there a way to set up the Slack integration so that we get direct messages only about PRs we create and builds run by those PRs or triggered by us manually?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2021

"Is there a way to set up the Slack integration so that we get direct messages only about PRs we create and builds run by those PRs or triggered by us manually?"

Right now the app is more centered around getting notifications for a certain repository, instead of personal-oriented notifications like you mention (which is an awesome idea!).

I think the closest thing may be to set up a subscription in a DM with the bot, and use the provided filters (e.g., selecting which types of events for the repo / specific branch you want to hear about) to get as close to the desired outcome as you can.

Our docs have a helpful guide on getting that done: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/integrate-bitbucket-cloud-with-slack/ 

trygve-pg January 14, 2021

Thanks! I did read through that document, and the filters are pretty cool, but in this case the only thing to filter on would be user, and it looks like that's not possible. Thanks for the confirmation though.

Also that link doesn't work but I assume you mean this: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/integrate-bitbucket-cloud-with-slack/?

David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2021

Ah yes - thanks @trygve-pg !

0 votes
Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

Hello,

I think it is possible but have not tried it myself. Please check this documentation page from Atlassian for the Bitbucket to Slack Integration. Look specifically at the "Pull Request" and "Tag" sections. You may need to tag personal PRs and get notifications that way. Hope this helps!

Thanks! Yeah, I found the bit about filtering by tags, but I thought that was talking about git tags? So we'd have to also tag the commit when creating a personal PR? It sounds like we'd end up with a lot of tags cluttering the repo. But maybe I'm misunderstanding some part of what you're intending?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events