Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I connect 2 bitbuckets (1 cloud and 1 server) to jira?

Alicia Pena February 29, 2016

I'm in the process of migrating our tools to new servers.  I've migrated JIRA and confluence so far.  I set up a Bitbucket server and a bamboo server as well.  But most of our developers are still using the old Bitbucket cloud with jenkins.  I'm tasked with scheduling moves from cloud Bitbucket to Bitbucket server and jenkins to bamboo server, one project/repo at a time to be less disruptive to engineering.  Is there a way to link both bitbuckets to the new JIRA so that developers can select which one to use when branching, etc. until I get all of the projects migrated over?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2016

This should work just fine by following the resp. instructions to link JIRA to Bitbucket Cloud and Bitbucket Server, i.e. both are independent configurations that shouldn't interfere as such - as a result developers will see a 'Where do you want to create the branch?' dialog when selecting 'Create branch' from the development panel:

TODO: insert image (image upload seems broken again, see Creating branches for an older version)

This dialog has a few minor usability issues, e.g. the order is not customizable - please watch/vote/comment on the following issue if you need this:

Create Branch Repository Selector

Usability wise, you might also be interested in Mibex Software's free Create Branch Repository Selector, which Automatically selects the repository of the JIRA project in Bitbucket Server's create branch dialog

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events