Can I automatically resume the most recent paused pipeline?

Jeremy Ketterer May 19, 2020

Due to the behavior of deployment concurrency control, when a new pipeline is started while a previous one is running, the new pipeline is paused. It would be ideal to have the ability to automatically resume the most recent paused pipeline once the current pipeline has completed.

I am aware that a paused pipeline can be resumed manually from the web interface, but having the option to start the most recent paused pipeline automatically would make the whole process a lot easier.

For example, our repo is set up to run a pipeline whenever someone commits to our development branch. If three people commit to that branch within a few minutes of each other, the first pipeline will run and complete, but the next two will not. Ideally, the most recent pipeline would automatically resume once the first pipeline completes, ensuring that our most recent commit is tested properly.

I've tried using the REST API to start a new pipeline in the after-script section, but since the pipeline is still running, the new one gets paused again.

Is there any way to accomplish this behavior?

1 answer

0 votes
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2020

Please find this feature request, this may cover what you're looking for:

Via: Trigger bitbucket pipeline manual step using API

Mark Nelissen July 9, 2021

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-21281 this is a better feature request, although directed at Bamboo, but the solution and behaviour expected is actually the same for Bitbucket Pipelines.

Like tkn98 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events