Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add BitBucket to the rest of my Atlassian Organization?

James Scott August 23, 2019

In the Atlassian Organization view, I have a list of all my sites.  Is there a way to include our BitBucket instance in this Organization view/structure?

5 answers

3 votes
SKMCC September 2, 2021

Looking to run-through the verify domain process to enable managed accounts and am a bit skeptical now, per @Robin Lightfoot comments. I'd like one source of truth, in one place, where I know I can provision/revoke access to the various products we have.

From a user management POV, it's vital this is kept under one roof and the org structure is the perfect place for it. Not sure why Atlassian have decided to have one rule for Bitbucket and another for Jira/Confluence?

It seems the only way to get around this is by acquiring Atlassian Access (not tested it yet), which at the moment is not really worth the investment on the size/scope of our adoption.  

@Patrick Wolf - Atlassian An update on this would be greatly appreciated, even if it's a signpost to the feature and the date it's likely to be implemented or if Access provides us with the option to manage access under one roof? 

Cheers!

1 vote
KRNInformatix August 23, 2019

Yes, we can include our BitBucket instance to organization view/structure if appropriate access is present.

James Scott August 26, 2019

Thank you for the feedback, do you know how I would go about doing that?  I have full admin access to both our Atlassian suite and Bitbucket, but am unable to find a clear path or instructions on how to get Bitbucket in our Organization.

Mark Rothfield May 11, 2022

+1

0 votes
Philipp Schenke August 4, 2021

We are in the process of implementing an atlassian stack and would also like to add bitbucket to the organization. Still does not seem to work. Any updates on this?

0 votes
trent-becker-ontsys March 12, 2021

Year and a half out and still nothing. If there is anything I have learned with Atlassian Access it's that Atlassian is not a company well suited for large organizations.

0 votes
Patrick Wolf - Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2019

Hi, @James Scott 

If you are referring to https://admin.atlassian.com then, yes, we are currently working on making Bitbucket Cloud available as part of Organizations. You will hear more about this in the coming year as we get closer to releasing this functionality.

If you are already a customer of Atlassian Access you can already use SAML SSO with Bitbucket Cloud. We will also be adding SCIM user-provisioning via Access to Bitbucket Cloud as well.

Thanks,

Patrick

Wout June 22, 2020

Hi @Patrick Wolf - Atlassian,

what is the current status of this?

Managing users and groups seperately in Bitbucket leads to oversights when we remove employees.

Like # people like this
Robin Lightfoot October 5, 2020

I'd also love to know about this! We have the same problem at the moment, and we're about to do the Atlassian account claim thing for our verified domains and it's finding bitbucket accounts - currently seems unclear how this will affect those

Like Henry likes this
Mark Robson November 6, 2020

It's now over a year and I'm seeing the same problem that Bitbucket  cannot appear under my organisation. As I'm just moving to cloud from server to find these kind of basic issues doesn't install confidence. I was having a better experience self hosted. But I understand this will no longer be future after February.

dmichaelchuk November 6, 2020

Same here. I can't believe this isn't available yet.  

Brett Olsen November 10, 2020

@Patrick Wolf - Atlassiancan you provide an update on progress for this please

AadamZ5 April 23, 2021

@Patrick Wolf - Atlassian, as a new organization approaching Atlassian, this is a feature I'm looking to have for my team. I would like my product managers to be able to manage bitbucket within admin.atlassian.com. Is there an issue tracker for this feature that we can follow?

Ariel Avi July 13, 2021

Any updates on this so far?

Tadeáš Palusga September 15, 2021

Any update another 2 months later?

kjkent January 17, 2022

I am also interested in an update for this? Many thanks.

Mark Rothfield May 11, 2022

Me too

Like ob likes this
Robby Goetinck March 7, 2024

Is there any update on this topic? We would like central user management for our Confluence/Jira/Bitbucket users...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events