Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CI/CD connection to our infra internal ip

Varun Kumar September 26, 2024

Hello Team,

Kindly let me know how I can connect my bitbucket cloud pipeline for code deployment on my server which is not in the public , Please let me know how we can connect bitbucket to our infra servers.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2024

Hi Varun,

You server needs to have a public IP address or a public domain name so that Pipelines can reach it. Internal IPs are used in local networks, e.g. your home network or your company's network. You cannot reach other servers over the internet using an internal IP. You don't need to make your server accessible from anywhere in the internet, but it needs to be accessible from the IP addresses that the Pipelines builds use.

Regarding which IP addresses you will need to whitelist on your firewall:

The machines that execute all Pipelines steps on Atlassian Cloud Infrastructure are hosted on Amazon Web Services.

An exhaustive list of IP addresses that the traffic may come from on AWS can be found by using the following endpoint:

filtering to records where the service equals EC2 or S3, and using the us-east-1 and us-west-2 regions.

Important Note: The IP addresses provided via this endpoint are managed by Amazon and are subject to change. We recommend regularly checking this endpoint and updating your firewall's IP list accordingly. Additionally, consider exploring automation options to streamline updating IPs in response to changes.

If you require your Pipelines builds to run from a more limited set of IP addresses, you can use the atlassian-ip-ranges runtime configuration in your yml file, available only on 4x/8x steps and only with the Standard or Premium plan. This configuration is documented here:

You will then need to whitelist only a more limited set of IP ranges, listed here:

Please Note: Using larger step sizes may have billing implications. 4x steps use four times the number of build minutes of 1x steps and 8x steps use eight times the build minutes of 1x steps.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events