Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C# post new comment into issue

Luca Lombardi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2020

Dear all,

we are developing a simple desktop application using C# (visual studio 2019). We are installed the Atlassian SDK v12.1.1 (developed by Federico Silva Armas) from NuGet.

At the moment works: I can ask for one issue, get description, comments and so on, but the point is when we try to send a new comment inside of this issue, because one error occurs: Unable to add comment due to missing author field. generated from  'System.InvalidOperationException' in Atlassian.Jira.dll

we are following the documentation at

https://bitbucket.org/farmas/atlassian.net-sdk/src/b4dee0050fd5d31f1b237c59113355137d1dc477/docs/how-to-use-the-sdk.md

Have you some idea to fix this stupid problem?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luca Lombardi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 19, 2020

Dear all,

finally I found the solution

I must use the Comment class to create a new comment and then use the  issue.AddCommentAsync() method

Thanks for your help and your time

0 votes
Muhammad Ferry Fitriadi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 3, 2021

Furthermore, if you have software or product to develop, you can visit this website Custom Software Development 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events