Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build error: Cannot call constructor

Jeff Greenberg August 16, 2022

Have been building without issue, and then this morning they spontaneously began to fail continuously fail with:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot call constructor in /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/vendor/symfony/finder/Comparator/DateComparator.php:48

2 answers

0 votes
vsevolodkovalchuk February 15, 2023

Hello @Jeff Greenberg 

Did you find the solution? I just found your question on Google.

I have the same issue with Magento instances on Jenkins. Different projects are failing randomly from time to time.

The strange thing, I was able to reproduce the issue a couple of times on my local, but XDebug did not stop on this line no matter I had a breakpoint there.

Thank you in advance if you have any information on this issue.

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2022

Hi Jeff,

The issue could be related to changes in your source code, dependencies, or the Docker image you use for your builds.

I would suggest debugging this locally with Docker first to figure out if that's the case. If the build fails with the same error locally, then the issue is most likely not related to Pipelines, and you can debug this locally without consuming Pipelines minutes.

You can find step-by-step instructions on how to debug this locally in my reply to another question here:

It's important to use a clone of the repo at the commit with the failed build, and also use the same Docker image that you use as a build container for the failed step.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Jeff Greenberg August 24, 2022

Hi. The non-pipeline possibilities as the issue might make sense if failure were consistent rather than my experience of 5 succeed, 1 fails, 2 succeed, 4 fail, etc. 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2022

Hi Jeff,

You can create a ticket with the support team and provide the URL of some of the builds that fail and some of the ones that succeed, so we can look further into this issue. If there is a support ticket open, the engineer working on your case will be able to access the builds and additional logs in order to investigate.

You may still be asked to debug one of the failed builds locally, as that's usually the first step in determining if the issue is likely to be caused by pipelines or not.

You can create a ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/, in "What can we help you with?" select "Technical issues and bugs" and then Bitbucket Cloud as product.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events