Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report: Bitbucket Cloud API pipeline-schedule no longer takes 'enabled' value into account

Sander Mol November 29, 2022

Give the following request:

curl -X POST -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -H 'Accept: application/json' -d '{
"type": "pipeline_schedule",
"enabled": false,
"target": {
"ref_type": "branch",
"type": "pipeline_ref_target",
"ref_name": "master",
"selector": {
"type": "custom",
"pattern": "<my-branch-name>"
}
},
"cron_pattern": "0 0 0 1 * ? *"
}' -u "${BITBUCKET_USERNAME}:${APP_PASSWORD}" 'https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/<workspace>/<slug>/pipelines_config/schedules/'

I would expect the new schedule to be disabled ("enabled": false). It, however, creates a schedule which is enabled. See the following response:

{
"type": "pipeline_schedule",
"uuid": "{cb5016c2-d127-4469-bc56-c19e6f328829}",
"enabled": true,
"target": {
"type": "pipeline_ref_target",
"ref_type": "branch",
"ref_name": "master",
"selector": {
"type": "custom",
"pattern": "<my-branch-name>"
}
},
"cron_pattern": "0 0 0 1 * ? *"
"created_on": "2022-11-29T10:52:01.984438Z",
"updated_on": "2022-11-29T10:52:01.984438Z"
}

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2022

Hello @Sander Mol ,

Thank you very much for reporting this to us.

I confirmed that this endpoint is currently ignoring the value of the enabled field, so I went ahead and created the following bug in our public issue tracker : 

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the impact. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all bug fixes are implemented with this policy in mind.

While the issue is not fixed, you can try the below workaround : 

• The response of Create a schedule endpoint will contain the UUID of the created schedule.
  • With that UUID, use the Update a Schedule endpoint to update the value of enabled to false :
curl -X PUT -u username:app_password -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -H 'Accept: application/json'  'https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/<workspace>/<repo_slug>/pipelines_config/schedules/%7B<UUID>%7D' -d '{
   "enabled": false
}'

The %7B and %7D are the encoded values of "{}" that are present in the UUID

Thank you, @Sander Mol !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events