Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing documentation for BitBucket and related integrations

Tarek Faham September 29, 2021

I need to make sure I am accessing the proper documentation for BitBucket, Jira, and vs code integrations.

We use On-premise (Data Server) installation, and when I am looking for help say about VS Code Extension for Jira and BitBucket, the web page indicates it is for Cloud instance. When I try to look for the Data Server instance documentation, I get a message indicating that the web page is not found for that particular topic.

I need to know if there are any differences in using the product between the Data Server and Cloud? If I find the topic I am looking for under the cloud section, is that enough?

For example, I was trying to look for connecting BitBucket with Jira for a given code repo, I only found the one related to the cloud instance. Is there one related to the Data Server Instance? How I can find it?

How I am 100% sure if the topic I am viewing on documentation is valid for both cloud and data server instances?

Tarek

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarek Faham June 21, 2022

I was able to connect VS Code with Bitbucket and Jira. All the 3 products can now talk to each other. This was possible only after upgrading Jira and Bitbucket to the latest version.

Maybe if there is an article that talks about such integration and what are the minimum requirements, that would be great. I didn't find such an article.

0 votes
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 29, 2021

Most of the documentation has a switch to toggle between Cloud and Server/DC on the page. 

For example on https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/jira-issues-in-vs-code/

the cloud version is pre-selected (1)

Once you select the server version from the dropdown (2) you will see the server relevance document.

cloud server docs.png

Tarek Faham September 29, 2021

That didn't work for me. When I select the Data Server, I get page not found prompt. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events