Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branches not visible and timeouts

Ashley Graham February 10, 2022

We manage our Bitbucket responsories code with Visual Studio (2019), and then commit changes etc with GitKraken.

We continually have 3 issues:

1. New branches and branches currently being worked (not ye checked out) are sometimes not visible. This occurs in GitKraken (even after a fetch) AND also in Visual Studio under Git manage branches.

2. Pushing any changes via GitKraken often times out. There seems to be only a few hours per day with no issues. All other times it may take a few attempts to push, or sometimes continues to time out and then we just have to give up and try the next day.

3. Fetching the latest from GitKraken often does not pull all changes

I know both VS and GitKraken are third-party applications and Bitbucket support have told me to raise point 1 with them, however, I find it strange how both applications have the same issue.

I understand point 2/3 are probably just a GitKraken issue. I do have a stable and fast fiber internet connection (Wifi).

Has anyone else run into any of these issues?

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2022

Hey Ashley,

Whilst support for GitKraken/Visual Studio is unfortunately outside of our support scope,  I thought I'd just reach out to you here on point #1 as I have noticed that you have yet to receive a response from our community.

Generally speaking - you are able to check if the issue of missing branches exists at the Bitbucket Cloud side vs the GitKraken/Visual Studio side by running the GIT branch command locally in a terminal window separate from these applications with the -r (remote) switch.
By running this command, you can see a list of the remote branches being reported by Bitbucket Cloud and compare this to the branches you see within GitKraken/Visual Studio:

git branch -r

If the branch is not visible on this list, this may indicate that the changes have not yet been pushed to Bitbucket Cloud, you can further verify this by checking the UI to confirm if the branch is present or not.
If the branch is visible on this list, this may indicate the opposite - GitKraken/Visual Studio has not yet pulled the changes from the remote Bitbucket Cloud repository.

Hopefully, you are able to find answers to your subsequent questions from our community. If you are unable to I would suggest reaching out to either GitKraken support or Visual Studio support for further assistance:
https://www.gitkraken.com/git-client/support
https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/support/

I hope this information helps to steer you in the right direction.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events