cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branches not displayed in Stash

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

Hi,

I try to setup a demo system to demonstrate stash capabilities.

I converted the JIRA Linker Plugin svn repo into a git repo. All branches and tags have been converted. I use it because it has integration tests working well, several tags and branches.

Then I created a repository on stash. I pushed all branches and tags into stash's repo.

But when I use stash I can only see the master branch, and the tags, but not the other branches.

Did I miss something?

Thanks

Stéphane

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Saasen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2012

Hi Stephane,

how did you push all the branches (git push --all)?

git push --all only pushes local branches, so only the branches you see when you run "git branch" are actually being pushed.

You can use

git ls-remote origin

or

git ls-remote URL

to list all the references the remote (Stash in your case) has to verify wether they have been pushed.

Cheers,

Stefan

1 vote
Semyon Vadishev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2012

Hi Stéphane,

Now you can use SVN Importer Plugin for Stash to import Subversion repositories into Git. Here's how it works:

1. Login into Stash as a project administrator;
  2. Create empty Git repository;
  3. Go to Settings tab, choose 'Import from SVN';
  4. Specify URL to SVN repository;
  5. Specify trunk, branches and tags if they differ from the standard SVN Layout;
  6. Optionally you may specify SVN credentials;
  7. Click import button.

At this moment SVN Importer starts background process, you can see the progress on the same page. Optionally you can pause and resume it.

SVN Importer doesn't use git-svn. Instead it's built upon SubGit, our home-grown translation engine. So, the plugin does not have the problems like that one you've encountered. Instead it has some nice features like these:

• It properly converts branches and tags, copies and moves, merges and deletions;
  • It converts svn:ignore properties to .gitignore files;
  • It converts svn:eol-style and svn:mime-type properties into .gitattributes files;
  • It works much faster than any other svn to git converter;
  • It automatically maps SVN authors to Git committers registered at Stash;
  • And many more other features...

And, finally, SVN Importer is Free. So, download and install it into Stash. Don't forget to tell us what do you think on it. We appreciate your feedback.

Contact us at support@subgit.com if you have any questions or suggestions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events