Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket with Visual Basic 6 and Java

Jesus Obiang February 7, 2019

Hi,

In our project we use Visual Basic 6 in some applications. Is it possible to use bitbucket to store projects with Visual Basic 6 and Java?

Thanks in advanced.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2019

Hi Jesus,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Yes, you can store any code in Bitbucket/Git, like any VCS tool it is source code independent.

David Andres Ayala Munoz June 14, 2022

Hi @Mikael Sandberg this is an old question, but I'm facing some issues regarding the ANSI encoding of my VB6 files (which includes Spanish characters like á, é, í, ó, ú, and ñ, both upper and lower cases).

And when we create some PR that has nothing to do with those characters, somehow the PR always detect those character as changes, making the code review almost unmanageable because the PR has so many changes that shouldn't be there.

And as far as I can understand, apparently, the PR is doing something like changing the file encoding or similar.

Any idea/help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

Hi @David Andres Ayala Munoz,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I would recommend that you create a new question for this. My guess is that it is related to the fact that the diff in Bitbucket converts the file to UTF-8. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events