Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket server with same functionalities as Bitbucket cloud

Tim de GOUSSENCOURT October 10, 2016

I install Bitbucket server on my own server, but there are not all the functionalities that Bitbucket cloud has. For instance:

• no wiki
  • no issue tracker

Is there a way to add these features ? by a plugin ? with an Atlassian product ?

thank you for your answer.

3 answers

2 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2016

Hi Tim - you are correct, the features are different.  If you're considering on premise Bitbucket server, most companies would then use Confluence for wiki and JIRA Core for issues, or JIRA Software for Issues + Agile planning.

-Rich

Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2016

This is indeed our philosophy for on premise installs - each product should focus on the element it's best at, and then integrate well with the others.

If you want similar "Issues" and "Wiki" links in your sidebar between JIRA/Confluence and Bitbucket Server, one option is you can use https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.stash.plugin.custom-navigation-plugin/server/overview to add them. Improving the connections between these products is something we're currently thinking about ways to achieve, and replacing the custom navigation functionality is one way we're looking at.

Cheers,

Adam

1 vote
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2016

Hi Tim,

The answers above are correct. However, allow me to clarify that Bitbucket Server and Cloud are different products.

We explain the reasoning behind it well on:

Cheers,

Thiago

0 votes
Tim de GOUSSENCOURT October 10, 2016

Ok thank you for your answer. I will also install JIRA and CONFLUENCE.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events