Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket server unable to push first commit

Hyd3k June 25, 2018

Hi community, I just installed Bitbucket 5.11.1 in a linux box, and I can't make it work...

I created a repo added my user to that repo, added my ssh key, etc.

When trying to push my first commit I am getting following error message:

- - -

$ git push -u origin master

Counting objects: 185, done.

Delta compression using up to 4 threads.

Compressing objects: 100% (183/183), done.

Writing objects: 100% (185/185), 35.48 MiB | 581.00 KiB/s, done.

Total 185 (delta 15), reused 0 (delta 0)

remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (15/15), done.

remote: Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /usr/lib64/perl5/IO/Handle.pm line 261

remote: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib64/perl5/IO/Handle.pm line 261.

remote: Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib64/perl5/IO/Socket.pm line 12.

remote: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib64/perl5/IO/Socket.pm line 12.

remote: Compilation failed in require at /var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket/bin/git-hooks/hook-callback.pl line 15.

remote: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket/bin/git-hooks/hook-callback.pl line 15.

To ssh://mydomainnameserver:7999/~user/reponame.git

! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)

error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://git@mydomainnameserver:7999/~user/reponame.git'

I am using a mac with High Sierra fully updated, git version in Mac 2.14.3 (Apple Git-98), bitbucket server git version 2.17.1, CentOS 7x64; can you please give me a hand?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2018

HI @Hyd3k

The error is with Perl, can you please try to reinstall the Git and see if you can be able to push the commit.

Hyd3k June 25, 2018

Hi Yogesh re install git in client or Server?

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2018

on server.

Hyd3k June 26, 2018

I compiled new git version 2.18.0 and same, unable to commit with same error message.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2018

If you look at the error ..it say cannot locate strict.pm, handle.pm etc file and its related to perl.

We were also face same issue, after reinstalling the Git the issue has been solved.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2018

Here is the same questions related to this but occurred in Bitbucket Data Center.

Hope it helps.

Hyd3k June 26, 2018

Well I think thats the solution but if I remove perl, system will delete MSSQL, OpenLDAP and other services I have configured before.

Thank you for helping me out.

Hyd3k June 26, 2018

Worked like a charm, I just ran yum reinstall perl* and its working now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events