Bitbucket server keeps crashing after few minutes

Rohit Dalvi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2021

I have a staging bitbucket server version 6.10 running in aws cloud which we migrated few days ago. It runs fine for 30 minutes or so and all of a sudden it stops working. When it stops working I completely loose access to the service in browser, I have to manually stop and then start service in ec2 instance in order to get it working. But it dies again in next 30 minutes. I did look at the logs but I did not find anything specific. Another thing I noticed is that it keeps on consuming 90% of the memory which is weird as the same version in prod runs fine. So I was wondering if there is anything I can check on bitbucket side which I had missed during installation. Thanks a lot in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rohit Dalvi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2021

Thank you Craig, it was the heap memory, earlier it was 1g-2g, I set it 512m-1g and it is working fine. It did not crash  since more than 20hrs so I  believe thats all needed to fix the  problem. The reason I think it needed to lower the heap was we are also running BB with elasticsearch locally.

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2021

Hey @Rohit Dalvi 

You may wish to post your logs (redact anything sensitive) as others may be able to spot issues you looked past. 

Re: memory - what are your XMS/XMX settings for the app, how much memory does the server have, and what other services is it running?

CCM

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events